The sermon by Pastor Anne Mejeidu delivered on Sunday December 31st 2017. Listen and be blessed.
Many times, life brings us to situations where we are pushed to the losing side. Some of us are here with regrets of the past and pain of failure.
Text – Genesis 32 – I am here to tell you that God is with you at such times and the way you surrender to God determines your blessings. Surrender to God, so that you can be Bless.
But his past still haunts him, Esau! He wondered whether Esau still plans to kill him. As he has to face his brother.
Some of us are faced with circumstances, hunt, guilt of the past as Jacob.
I PROPHESY TO YOU THAT GOD WILL DELIVER YOU IN JESUS NAME
1. God is always just. If you have been dealt with unjustly, understand we serve a just God. For every injustice and hurt, your adversary will have to give an account and regret what has been done to you.
2. God is right in your circumstances.
Until we are “broken” by God, we can never be greatly used by God. God brings us again and again to breaking points. So that he can use us.
3. Do not be stiff-necked. – When you wrestle with God, you always lose. Do not be stiff necked. When God is dealing with you just surrender.
Proverbs 29:1 Whoever remains stiff necked after many rebukes will suddenly be destroyed – without remedy.
4. God does not go by our thinking.
The blessings of Surrendering to God.
1. There is a new determination– AS THIS YEAR IS ENDING TOMORROW, AND WE NEED A NEW DETERMINATION TO WORK WITH GOD.
Genesis 32:26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
2. We realize our own folly. (Foolishness)
-WHEN YOU SURRENDER TO GOD FOR BLESSING, YOU REALIZE YOUR FOLLY – FOOLISHNESS. Until we admit the truth about our condition, we will remain as we are. What is your name? Until you can say, “My name is bitterness,” you can’t be healed.
3. A new identity.
God will give you a new identity.
4. A new blessing.
Genesis 32:29 ( 29 Then Jacob asked, saying, “Tell me Your name, I pray.”
And He said, “Why is it that you ask about My name?” And He blessed him there.)
5. There is a lasting effect.
See the lasting effect when Jacob surrendered to God. The name of the place changed to Peniel. The Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the hip socket because of this. Jacob had a limp.
God will meet you in your anguish, fear, and uncertainty IN JESUS NAME
Are you willing to wrestle with him in prayer, it is an invitation to receive his blessing.
Stay with him and don’t give up. Do not let him go until he blesses you!