Text : Romans 9 :11-18, Mk 10:46-52 esp 48,, Lk 17:11-17 esp 13
Matt 20:29-34, James : 5:11, Titus 3 :5,
Mercy belongs unto God and Mercy rejoices over judgment. Mercy prevails / rejoices against – over judgement ( James :2:13).
Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT  The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. MESSAGE BIBLE (Lam 3:22-23) God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out, his merciful love couldn’t have dried up. They’re created new every morning. How great your faithfulness!
James 2:13 KJV  For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. NLT : God will be merciful when he judges you.( NLT James 2:13) Mercy does not depend on work , not earned by Work done, nor a factor of work ( Titus 3:5 ) We do not become a Chosen Generation on Works, but because of mercy (1Peter 2:10)
DAVID FOUND MERCY BUT SAUL DID NOT
2 Samuel 7:15  But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. Consider the response of David in verse 18- 19
AHAB FOUND MERCY DESPITE HIS EVIL DEED
1 Kings 21:25,28-29 KJV  But there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work wickedness in the sight of the Lord , whom Jezebel his wife stirred up.  And the word of the Lord came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying,  Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son’s days will I bring the evil upon his house.
PAUL FOUND MERCY
Hence he said 2 Corinthians 7:2 Receive us; we have wronged no man, we have corrupted no man, we have defrauded no man.
THE FOLLOWING. ARE THE ACTS OF MERCY
(1) WE WHO WERE NOBODY BEFORE WERE MADE SOMEBODY BY MERCY
We were nobody before but Mercy made us and promotes us to be somebody 1Peter 2:10 We had no mercy before but now obtained mercy 1 Peter 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
(2) MERCY BRINGS RESTORATION TO THE DESTINY OF A MAN
1 Peter 2:9-10 esp 10  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:  Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
Zechariah 10:6 KJV  And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the Lord their God, and will hear them.
(3) MERCY DELIVERS A MAN FROM DEATH Phil 2:25-27
The story of Epaphroditus ,who was sick unto death but God had mercy on him and prevented him from dying – Phil 2:25-27,
Philippians 2:27] For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
Please Query: What Sickness can be greater than the one that is to cause the death of a man? There varying degrees of sicknesses, some a minor, some major . But the one the Bible says it is unto death must really be serious YET mercy delivered him from death
(4) MERCY DELIVERS A MAN FROM THE HAND OF THE ENEMIES INTO THE HAND OF GOD
2Samuel 24:1-25. esp 13-15 emphasis on 14 David said God should not allow him to fall into the hands of his enemies for they will not have mercy on him. He chose God, even with God’s punishment it was still tainted with mercy (11 Sam 24: 1-25 esp 16) David after being given three unacceptable options for punishment threw himself unto the hand of mercy of God, for he said ” HIS MERCIES ARE GREAT” 2Sam 24:14
THE THREE OPTIONS GIVEN TO DAVID WERE:
(1) SEVEN YEARS OF FAMINE IN THE LAND
(2) TO FLEE THREE MONTHS BEFORE YOUR ENEMIES WHILE THEY PURSUE YOU
(3) THREE DAYS OF PESTILENCE ON THE LAND
But even when God chose for David which one He knew would still be moderate punishment, He had MERCY in mind.
(a). Instead of THREE DAYS OF PESTILENCE GOD REDUCED IT TO ONE DAY 2 Sam 24: 15 – The Angel only worked from morning to the time appointed in d day
(b). God said to the Angel of death , it is enough) He stopped further destructions of the people by Himself (2Sam 24: 16) Please NOTE David did not choose any of the options MERCY chose for him . He pleaded for mercy to prevail over judgement
James 2:13 NLT Says God will be merciful when He judges you
(5) MERCY JUSTIFIES A MAN BEFORE GOD
Lk 18:10-14 especially 13 The story of the two men who went to pray and one exalted him while the other pleaded for mercy. The one who pleaded for Mercy went home more justified verse 14
Lk 23;39-42 The story of the two malefactors (Thieves) Criminal s, One asked for Mercy while the other railed on Him. The one who asked for Mercy entered into the Kingdom when no one gave him a chance even at the place of death.
Jesus said to him – Luke 23:43  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in
(6) YOU CRY FOR MERCY BECAUSE MERCY BELONGS TO GOD ALONE.
David confirms it when he told God not to allow him fall into the hand Man (2Sam 24:14) David said the Mercy of God is great Psalm 62: Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.
(7) YOU CALL ON GOD FOR MERCY FOR HIS MERCY IS INEXHAUSTIBLE
Psalm 86:3 Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Psalm 86:5-7  For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.  Give ear, O Lord , unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.  In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
Psalm 86:15-17 KJV  But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.  O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.  Show me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it , and be ashamed: because thou, Lord , hast holpen me, and comforted me.
Psalm 103:8,17  The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.  But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children; God is good
(8) MERCY BRINGS A MAN UNTO MERCY SEAT TO OBTAIN MERCY
Romans 11:31-32  Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. We come to God even when we refused to believe Him because He had mercy on us. That through the mercy that brought us to Him we may obtain mercy in all undeserved areas of our life. Jn 5:1-9 , Jesus was the one who approached the man after waiting for 38 years, Yet, if it were not mercy, he would still had lost it because he was telling story of 38 years experience that had no relevance to his day of mercy
NOTE: Many who are here this morning do not want to come, you struggled to come, you contended with your Spirit to come. This means mercy brought you, He brought you that you may obtain mercy in other areas of your life
(9) GOD DOES NOT TUNE OR TURN HIS EARS AWAY FROM THE CRY OF MERCY
There can be no better place or evidence to show that God listens to the cry of mercy than the story of Blind Bartimeaus.
The crowd around shouted him down, discouraged him, stood as obstacles against him, turned against him when they ought to be the one to help him BUT the VOICE of mercy was louder than all the voices of the people put together, and all the obstacles.
For the voice of Mercy crept to the ears of the Lord despite the crowd to gain his attention for Blind Bartmeaus Lk 17:11-17 esp 13– The story of the Ten. Lepers is also instructive
FROM THE STORY OF BLIND BATIMAEUS IT CAN BE SAID THAT
(1) Mercy turns situations around when received
(2) Mercy rewrites the history of a man. Tell a new story about you.
(3) Mercy brings restorations
(4) Mercy gives you a brand new beginning
(5) Mercy changes the garment of shame ( whatsoever the inglorious) garment to a
brand new garment.
(6) Mercy silences your mockers , enemies, adversaries etc
(7) Mercy can relocate a man from being in one stop to where God has destined him
(8) A man’s case or matter can NEVER be too old or difficult for Mercy to deal with
(9) Mercy is not a respecter of person, if only you will ask for it
(10) GOD PREFERS HAVING MERCY TO RECEIVING SACRIFICE
Matt 9:13 The healing of the man of Palsy attracted criticism from the Publicans when he told the man your sins are forgiven you. They questioned his authority to do so but Jesus said He has not come for those who are whole. He will have mercy and not sacrifice Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. No one is justified by the Provisions of the Law. No one is whole. No one is perfect, No one exists without the needs of mercy
(11) A MAN WHO KNOWS HE HAS NO MIGHT NOR POWER TO FIGHT FOR HIMSELF WILL SURELY SEEK THE MERCY OF GOD
Psalm 6:2 KJV Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed. Psalm 9:13-14 Have mercy upon me, O Lord ; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death:  That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation.
(12) WHEN YOU FEEL. SOME REPROACH OR SENSE OF CONTEMPT
You seek the mercy of God when you feel some mockery around your life. When you want God to do the work of turn around in your life, you seek mercy This was the story of Hannah in the hand of her adversaries. Pelinnah was at ease, then became proud and had contempt towards Hannah Psalm 123:3-4 KJV  Have mercy upon us, O Lord , have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.  Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at
ease, and with the contempt of the proud.
(13) MERCY GUARANTEES THE FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS WHEN WE CONFESS THEM
Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
(14) IF MERCY FAILS, THERE WILL BE NOTHING ELSE LEFT
Mercy is available before and at the Throne of God ( Throne of Grace) God invites us to come before this Throne of Grace to obtain MERCY The implication is that we must approach the Throne of Grace, get mercy by all means. If we fail to do so, there will be nothing left to obtain. Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
(15) ON THE DAY OF MERCY, NO MORE ACCUSATION : IT IS THE DAY OF YOUR DISCHARGE AND ACQUITTAL FROM ALL ACCUSATIONS, SICKNESS, HOSPITALS, POVERTY, POVERTY ,ETC
When Paul obtained mercy, all his record of terror against the Church was wiped out. Paul could therefore boldly say in 2 Corinth 7:2 “I have offended no one” 2 Corinthians 7:2 Receive us; we have wronged no man, we have corrupted no man, we
have defrauded no man. Mk 10:46-52
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN MERCY FROM THE LORD
(1) Recognize it is not on the basis of works
(2) You must plead for it. Cry and ask for it Mk 10:10-42 esp 48 Lk 17: 13
(3) Rely on other people case to whom God had shown mercy
(4) Tell Him that even dogs eat crumbs that falls from the Master’s table. Matt 15:22-28 esp 22,25 27 The story of woman of Sidon whose daughter was ill, First approached Jesus on the basis of Mercy, did not get what she wanted, went ahead to admit she was not better than a dog, and further asked God for HELP. IT SEEMS HELP AND MERCY are twin brothers before God
Jesus could no longer look away but compelled to help and show her mercy Read Matt 15:22-28
(1) Prayer of thanksgiving at long last that the day of your mercy has come
(2) Say Father, This is the day of Mercy, let me find Mercy before you
(3) Say Father, show me a token of your goodness and Mercy that those who hate me may be ashamed (Psalm 86:17 )
(4) Say Father, you promised to show Mercy unto whom you will show mercy, please show me mercy., my Family, husband Children, Nation etc
(5) Say Father, visit my Family foundation, my genealogy , my Family tree, let mercy reverse all that has been working against my life.
(6) Father let your mercy cut me off from my enemies and destroy all of them that afflict my soul.
(7) Say Father, quicken me and bring me out of trouble for thy name sake, Psalm 143:11, Show mercy unto me
(8) Say Father, we are in the last Quarter of the year, please fulfil all your promises concerning me for this year because of your mercy
(9) Say Father, whatsoever. I have done that is crying for judgement, according to your words let the Voice of Mercy be louder than Judgement in Jesus Name. James 5;11. FATHER SILENT THE VOICE OF JUDGMENT AND ALL ACCUSATION AGAINST ME AS DONE IN BLIND BARTIMEAUS ‘S CASE
(10) Say Father, you are plenteous in Mercy, please be compassionate unto me show me mercy , help me to recover all my losses in life
(11) Say Father. Help me to show Mercy to others that I may obtain mercy.
(12) Say Father, Let Mercy justify me before you as done in the case of the two men who went to pray in (Lk 18:10-14 esp verse 13 )
(13) Say Father, deliver me from untimely death, from Sickness and affliction as you did for Epaphroditus
(14) Father please do not let my enemies rejoice over me. Do not let me fall into the hand of man. For man will have no mercy on me
(15) Say Father, give me a new beginning for your mercy’s sake
(16) Say Father Change my Garment as you did for Blind Bartmeaus
(17) Say Father, Blind Bartmeaus woke one morning, his story changed before the day was over because he encountered mercy, please change my story before this day is over
(18) Father, please do not remember any of my errors, sins, evil works, let me experience a completed transformation today.
(19) Father please show unto me the token of Mercy that Jacob enjoyed even from the Womb and after birth and you said you loved him. You made him your First Born.
– – Pastor Debo Akande